Located on the corner of Kauri Parade and Schofield Road, Seacliff and incorporating the John Mathwin Reserve, the Kauri Parade Community & Sporting Precinct is one of the City of Holdfast Bay’s three main hubs for sport and recreation (others include Glenelg Oval and Brighton Oval).
Approximately three hectares in size, the precinct provides both open space and structured sporting facilities and is home to a number of sporting, recreation and community groups, including:
- Seacliff Hockey Club
- Seacliff Tennis Club
- Seacliff Sport Club
- Holdfast Bay Music Centre
The redevelopment of this important community hub aims to maximise the opportunities for these groups and the broader community to enjoy well-planned, high-quality and attractive sporting and recreational facilities. Once the tennis/netball courts are completed the Seacliff Uniting Netball Club will also call this precinct their home.
Kauri Parade Master Plan
The Kauri Parade master plan includes:
- Hybrid wet/dry Hockey Pitch
- 12 court tennis complex which also incorporated 2 netball courts and community courts
- Increased spectator areas including tiered seating and shaded areas
- New public amenities
- Enhanced green open space areas with new trees and vegetation
- Additional car-parking spaces
- A new central facility that can be used by all existing users plus other community groups
The proposed new central facility will sit within the site’s embankment and has been purpose-designed to provide flexible, modern facilities for the whole community to enjoy – with the potential for functions and special events to take advantage of spectacular views across the gulf. With the new change rooms, catering and storage facilities incorporate into the design, it will accommodate the music centre and all the sporting and recreational clubs that currently use the existing facilities, while providing extra space for other community groups and the broader community to use.
This project has a cost of approximately $13 million. Council has secured external funding from the Federal Government, State Government and Tennis Australia.
Key Dates/Next Steps
- Tennis Court Construction – completion February 2016
- Hockey Pitch Upgrade (Wet Pitch) - completion March 2016
- Community and Sports Centre - commenced January 2017 - completion March 2017
- Additional 56 car park – commence April 2017 – completion August 2017
Project Manager - Infrastructure Delivery
or email Mail@holdfast.sa.gov.au